Saturday 24 March 2012

Having a moan along to 'Creep' by Radiohead

The lament of mothers everywhere: Suffering from a complete and utter lack of TIME.

I cannot believe how insanely busy I've been recently. I've barely had a moment this week where I've just got to sit still and breathe let alone attempt to get some coding practice in. Every spare minute isn't spent merely multi-tasking, oh no. it's spent attempting to be super woman/ mother/ mentalist by combining activities that shouldn't really be combined. I had to call my mother FROM THE LOO (sorry mum) whilst simultaneously attempting an urgent bank transfer on the laptop, whilst I could hear Reuben kicking off downstairs and the baby wailing his head off in the cot. That's just how busy I've been. Having to call people FROM THE LOO (I have to capitalise it just to emphasise the wrongness). It's just been impossible to get anything I want to do, done. This small boy herding gig can be hard sometimes.

Ed's had a lot of social engagements recently, so the time I'd normally spend getting a bit of headspace to myself has been negligible this week. I think that's why when I convinced him to take the boys to the CO-OP round the corner this afternoon so I could have a little lie down, it turned into a three hour sleep marathon. Did not mean to do that. I feel a strange combination of groggy and wired as a result. 

In promising developments: I have a job interview on the horizon and my practical driving test is booked. Freedom? bring it.    

This week I swear I will not be calling anyone FROM THE LOO.     

No comments:

Post a Comment