Friday 2 March 2012

Waking with good intentions to 'Heaven' by Emeli Sande


Open to suggestions! I’m very suggestible.

I’m currently working on my top ten list of all-time favourite iPhone Apps, but I want to see what recommendations you guys have. Please feel free to send your suggestions my way either via comments, twitter or facebook. It’s all very much welcomed.

I’m having a little wobble at the moment, nothing too serious or dramatic (or remotely App related – although an App that helps you when having a ‘bit of a wobble’, a cup of tea of Apps if you will, now there’s an idea) it’s more of a confidence wobble in how I’m presenting myself professionally, what am I missing in comparison to others?  I’m normally a fairly laidback individual when you disregard the constant, overarching need for a project that’s going to drive me INSANE, but it is hard to see others (using others in the generic sense, not one individual) continually get something that you really wanted. I keep getting bypassed and I don’t know why, I am never given a reason why. I’d like to think I’m a magnanimous individual and I genuinely derive joy from other people’s pleasure, but to be slightly envious is to be human I guess, and I’m very much that. I have no idea why I get so worked up about the whole job situation other than the obvious financial issues. I’d hazard a guess and say it’s probably status related. Stay at home mothers and ones with part-time jobs are sent very confusing messages by the media (I need to learn to ignore the ‘Daily Mail’, I KNOW). Society tells you this is the most important role of your life but it’s NOT ENOUGH to just bring up children into functional, competent, pleasant adults any more. You’re expected to be CEO of a FTSE 100 company as well. How did we come to this?!

Anyway.

Appymum project: All systems are go go go! I have now set myself up a computer work station that consists of the Macbook, the monitor and my Acer netbook. I’ve taken over the kitchen table with a veritable spaghetti junction of leads and cables, so I have a feeling I may have to relocate to the bedroom to a) keep the equipment away from the curious fingers of the children and b) not piss anyone else off (We share our house with Ed’s very tolerant brother who already puts up with a tremendous amount of mess and junk from us, I feel terrible adding to it!). But even if I do relocate upstairs it doesn’t matter, as point is, I can now get this show well and truly rolling. After Kam’s ballet class on Saturday, I’m starting my steep learning curve that will be ‘Objective C’, I promise to keep this blog updated every torturous step of the way, hell, then we can all be App developers! Wouldn’t that be nice? You could all suffer with me! 

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you make the man-hole your Appy Mum war room?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be the dream! Sadly the wifi signal is too weak, even with a signal booster. bah.

    ReplyDelete