Monday 20 February 2012

Loving a bit of ‘Teenagers’ by My Chemical Romance


Hello Hampshire

So I had a visit back to my hometown! (I use “hometown” loosely, that’s the problem with spending your formative years growing up as an armed forces family. As a consequence I’m rubbish at settling down anywhere) A lesser known part of Hampshire known as Eastleigh. You’ve probably been through Eastleigh on the way down to the coast. It’s that bit on the railway that looks like a massive train depot, there is an actual town there too believe it or not!  Technically I lived in Bishopstoke, a small town next door to Eastleigh, which to my eyes is full-on countryside. It has big fields with cows in and farms and everything. Comparatively it all seems SO rural (which I like! I really like it, I miss the colour green, all I see is the colour grey smattered with the odd bit of grunge), after living in massive choking cities for a long time.    

I was down to stay with my oldest friend (as in length of time I’ve known her, not age!), Caroline, and her lovely boys. She came up to Croydon on the Friday and we decided to take all five boys into central London. That’s two adults, taking five boys under the age of eight, into central London on the train. Three unleashed on foot. Two strapped into a beast of a double buggy. One of them was not particularly happy about being strapped to the double buggy. SOMEHOW we survived. Exhausted and battered we emerged into East Croydon station again some five hours later, but we lived. Can I just put this out there: M&M world, DO NOT ENTER WITH SMALL CHILDREN. You will be forced to part with a deposit for a sizeable mortgage, worth of cash, or rather; your bestie will pay a deposit for a sizeable mortgage, worth of cash (Thanks for taking the hit Caroline!) for what, essentially amount to a few handfuls of not-too-special chocolate that DOES melt in your hands, contrary to your 1980’s advertising M&Ms! We remembered it!

Appymum project: I get some marvellous stuff called MONEY coming into the bank account at the end of the week. Life always boils down to money to get stuff done doesn’t it? I’m still waiting to buy an adaptor for the Mac, those adapters are insanely expensive! I do not know how Apple justifies it. It’s not exactly to pay their suicidal Chinese factory workers, but that’s another rant for another time…      

No comments:

Post a Comment