Wednesday 15 February 2012

Swaying to ‘Loser’ Glee cast version… my not so secret guilty pleasure.


The morning after the night before.

I can’t believe I’ve got a hangover from two G&T’s and half a bottle of cava. Christ almighty, that’s just bloody pathetic. It wasn’t like one of the nightmarish hangovers where, you wake up, have that blissful second of amnesia, lift your head off the pillow and then it slams into you tidal wave of pain and nausea, “Why am I actually dying?! DYING!!! God damn you to hell Rose!!!” (I can be slightly over dramatic at times) Thankfully not today though, I’ve learnt my limits through some very hard lessons over the years. Very, very, very, very, very hard lessons…. Best not dwell too much on those! This one’s been more like a nagging nuisance of tiredness that’s dogged me all day.  I could have let the hangover take over, but I’m WELL HARD and pushed through. That and the boys demand perky mum, not get-out-of-my-face-my-head-hurts mum.  

Thankfully because of those very, very, very hard lessons and three pregnancies and much breastfeeding in my twenties, I’m a light drinker these days.  I tend to have a glass of chardonnay a week, if that, and that’s it. My alcohol tolerance is now really low and it’s not a bad thing. It makes me an insanely cheap date, which is handy for Valentine’s Day! We had a lovely, humorous and ‘free’ time. By that I mean it’s just nice to remember that we are actually a young couple still, and now and again it’s precious to get that time together minus the children, as much as we love them! We only went to ‘La Tasca’ and had a few drinks in the Croydon institution that is the ‘Green Dragon’ but it was perfect.    

In non-hanging news: I HAVE THE MAC!!! Myself and the kids made the tram journey to Wimbledon yesterday, spent a lovely hour with the hugely generous Maeve who then gave me the Macbook I remember her bashing out many a mind blowing academic essay on (you have not read an essay until you’ve read a Maeve essay. FACT). I can no longer call it ‘Operation piece of crap Mac’ as that just feels wrong! I Just need to acquire the adaptor and mains plug for it and the bottom half of the screen has viewing ‘ishoos’, but that is absolutely fine as I have a monitor I can hook it up to. Maeve upgraded the hard drive not too long ago so I don’t even have to battle with a slower, 2006 era operating system. So, as far as the Appymum challenge is coming on, it’s all good in the hood. Once I’ve got the last bit of kit I need, I’m good to go. Objective C here I come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment